• 1 1/2 cups rhubarb, washed and sliced
• 1 cup strawberries, washed, hulled, and sliced
• 2 tablespoons cornstarch
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 4 amaretti or digestive biscuits
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cut into pieces
Whipped cream or custard sauce for topping
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter an 8x8-inch square baking pan.
For the filling: In a large bowl, combine the rhubarb, strawberries, and cornstarch. Stir well to distribute fruit evenly. Put fruit into prepared baking pan and sprinkle with sugar.
For the crumble: In the work bowl of a food processor, combine the flour, brown sugar, and biscuits. Process until well-combined. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Do not over-process. Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the fruit and bake 40 minutes, or until the top is browned and crisp and the fruit is tender. Serve warm with whipped cream or custard sauce. Serves 4.