Ingredients: • 8 ounces cream cheese
• 1 ounce blue cheese (use Cashel Blue from Tipperary, if possible)
• 1/3 cup milk
• 1/4 cup granulated sugar
• 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
• 1 pint strawberries
• Small bunch seedless green grapes
• Small bunch seedless red or black grapes
• 2 pears, cored and sliced
• 2 apples, cored and sliced
Fresh fruit and berries surround this tangy and unusual sherbet, perfect as a dessert or even as a salad course.
In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and blue cheese until smooth and fluffy. Beat in milk, sugar, and lemon juice until smooth. Pour the mixture into an 8x4-inch loaf pan, and freeze until slushy, about 1 hour. Return to mixing bowl and beat until fluffy. Return to pan and freeze until firm, about 6 hours, or overnight.
To serve, scoop sherbet into eight bowls and arrange fruit around sherbet. Makes 8 servings.