Ingredients: You will need:
• 75g of butter
• 225g of onions, sliced
• 1 level teaspoon of English mustard powder
• 2 level teaspoons of Demerara sugar
• Salt and pepper
• 4 pork chops, trimmed of excess fat
• 1 level tablespoon of plain flour
• 3 large oranges
• 150 ml of dry white wine
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 55 minutes
How to cook it:
1. Heat the oven to 190 degrees C, gas mark 5
2. Melt one third of the butter in a frying pan and fry the onions until they
have taken on a little colour. Remove from the pan.
3. Mix together the mustard powder, sugar, the remaining butter and salt and
pepper in a small bowl and spread on one side of each of the chops.
4. Fry the chops on both sides until golden brown. Remove from the pan.
5. Sprinkle the flour into the pan juices and mix well.
6. Grate the rind of two of the oranges and add these to the pan with the onions.
7. Squeeze the juice from the two oranges to make 150ml. Add water if there
isnít enough. Pour into the pan with the wine, stirring all the time,
and bring to the boil.
8. Peel and cut the remaining orange into segments.
9. Arrange the chops in a casserole dish, add the orange segments and pour the
sauce over. Cover.
10. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Serve with rice.