Spanish chicken with rosemary - By with Fionnuala Murphy, Irish Post
Ingredients: You will need:
• 3 tablespoons of olive oil
• 2 red onions, sliced
• 125 grams piece of chorizo sausage
• 1 teaspoon of paprika
• 4 chicken breast fillets or 500g of thigh fillets
• 6 sprigs of rosemary
• 500 grams of small tomatoes
• Salt and pepper
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking: 50 minutes
How to cook it:
1. Preheat the oven to 2000 C gas mark 6.
2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the onions for a few minutes until
3. Skin the Chorizo sausage and slice into 1 cm rings and add to the pan with
the paprika and fry for two minutes.
4. Remove to a shallow ovenproof dish using a draining spoon.
5. Add the chicken to the pan and fry for 4 minutes, turning, until lightly
6. Transfer the chicken to the dish spooning some of the onion mixture on top.
Tuck the rosemary sprigs around the chicken.
7. Season with salt and pepper and bake in the oven, uncovered for 20-25 minutes.
8 Score a cross on the top of each tomato with a knife and place them around
the chicken and cook for a further 15 minutes. Check the chicken is cooked through.
9 Serve with rice and a crunchy green salad.