Easter Roast Lamb with a Herbed Crusted Top - By with Fionnual Murphy
Ingredients: You will need:
1 leg of lamb, trimmed
1 onion, roughly chopped
125 ml of water
For the crusted topping:
2 large cloves of garlic, peeled
2 tablespoons of root ginger, chopped
The grated rind of a small lemon
2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary, chopped
1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C,
Gas Mark 4.
2. Put the garlic, ginger, lemon rind, parsley, mint and rosemary in a food
processor and blast for a minute or so until everything is finely chopped.
3. Switch on again and add the olive oil slowly until you have a lovely bright
green mixture. Set aside.
4. Place the lamb joint in a roasting tin with the onion and water.
5. Roast in the oven, allowing 20-25 minutes per half kilogram.
6. Thirty minutes before the end of the roasting time, remove the joint from
the oven. Spread the herby mixture all over it.
7. Return to the oven and finish roasting.
8. Keep an eye on the water level and top up if necessary.
9. When the lamb is cooked remove from the oven and keep warm. Throw away the
onion and remove excess fat.
10. Add a good dash of wine to the pan juices. Boil up and reduce to a nice
11. Season the jus and serve with the sliced lamb