Irish Meat Loaf with Colcannon - By with Fionnuala Murphy, Irish Post
Ingredients: You will need: • 450 grams of lean minced beef
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons of chopped mixed herbs, including basil
• 2 tablespoons of grated cheese
• 2 teaspoons of chilli sauce
• Salt and black pepper
• 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
• 1 tablespoon of oil
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 40-45 minutes
How to cook it: 1. Mix all the ingredients together, except for the oil and tomatoes.
2. Shape into a large sausage.
3. Heat the oil in a large pan with a lid.
4. Place the meat loaf in the pan and brown on all sides.
5. Add the tomatoes and season.
6. Cover the pan and simmer gently for 40-45 minutes.
Colcannon 1. Mix peeled and boiled potatoes and spring onions together.
2. Heat some milk with a generous knob of butter.
3. Beat the milk mixture in with the potatoes until smooth and creamy.
4. Season well.