• 1 kilogram of shoulder of lamb, trimmed and diced, keep the bones
• 2 carrots, chopped
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 small white turnips, chopped
• 4 potatoes, chopped
• 2 sticks of celery, chopped
• 1 leek, finely sliced
• Salt and black pepper
• 50 grams of green cabbage, finely shredded
• 125 millilitres of cream
• A dash of Worcestershire sauce
• Chopped parsley
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 1 hour 20 mins
How to cook it:
1. Place the lamb in a large heavy saucepan. Cover with cold water and bring
to the boil.
2. Drain and rinse the lamb, place in a clean saucepan.
3. Add the bones to the saucepan. Cover with about one litre of water.
4. Add the vegetables, except the cabbage. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Cover the saucepan and cook for approximately one hour, or until the meat
is tender. Then remove the bones.
6. To finish the sauce, remove about 250 millilitres of the liquid and vegetables
from the pot. Process this with the cream and return to the saucepan with the
finely shredded cabbage. Add the Worcester sauce
7. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until the cabbage is heated through.
8. Check the seasoning. Add the parsley and serve in deep bowls.