Bacon Chops with Apple and Cider - By Fionnuala Murphy, Irish Post
Ingredients: You will need:
• 1 tablespoon of oil
• 4 bacon chops
• A knob of butter
• 1-2 cooking apples, sliced
• 1-2 cloves of garlic, chopped
• 1 teaspoon of sugar
• 125 millilitres of dry cider
• 1 teaspoon of cider vinegar
• 1 tablespoon of wholegrain mustard
• A few sprigs of thyme
• Salt and black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan.
2. Cook the chops for 10-15 minutes, browning well on both sides.
3. Remove from the frying pan and keep warm.
4. Add the butter and the apples to the frying pan.
5. Cook until the juices just begin to brown.
6. Add the garlic and the sugar. Cook for another minute.
7. Stir in the cider vinegar, mustard and herbs and boil for a few minutes to
reduce the liquid.
8. Taste for seasoning.
Serve the chops with the sauce, a green vegetable and lots of mashed potatoes.