1. Heat the oven to 200 degrees C. or 400 degrees F, gas mark 6.
2. Line four individual tart tins with the pastry. Sprinkle some ground almonds
on the base of each one.
3. Add the apple and enough sugar to sweeten.
4. Heat the cream. Beat the sugar and the egg yolks together.
5. Stir in the cream and a dash of whiskey. Spoon a little of the cream mixture
into each tart. Keep the remaining cream.
6. Bake the tarts for 25-35 minutes.
7. Pour the remaining cream into a bowl. Place over simmering water. Stirring
continuously, continue to cook until the custard thickens.
8. Set aside. Keep warm.
9. Serve the tart, dusted with icing sugar, with the warm custard.
Vanilla ice-cream, a thin almond biscuit, raspberries or other seasonal fruits