Stir-Fry Pork with an Irish flavour - By The Irish Post
Ingredients: You will need:
• 450 grams of lean pork, cut into long strips
• 1 tablespoon of oil
• 225 grams of fresh assorted vegetables, chopped into neat strips
• 50 grams of cashew nuts or peanuts
For the marinade:
• 1 tablespoon of cornflour
• 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
• A good dash of dry sherry or Irish cider
• 1 teaspoon of sugar
• 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
• 1 teaspoon of garlic and fresh ginger, finely chopped
Preparation: 20 minutes, plus time for marinade
Cooking: 20 minutes
How to cook it:
1. Mix the ingredients for the marinade and add the pork strips. Leave for
as long as you can.
2. Heat the oil in a wok or a frying pan, add the vegetables and nuts and stir-fry
for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the pan.
3. Stir fry the pork in small batches.
4. Return the vegetables to the pan and mix well.
5. Add 2-3 tablespoons of water. Stir again to make a sauce.