Ingredients: • 2/3 cup (4 ounces) dried apricots, finely chopped
• 2 cups chicken stock or canned low-salt chicken broth
• 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
• 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
• 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
• Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
• 1 teaspoon hot Thai curry paste
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 12 lamb cutlets or loin chops (2 pounds total)
• Tarragon sprigs for garnish
Soak the apricots in the stock or broth with the tarragon for 3 to 4 hours.
Transfer the apricot mixture to a food processor. Add 1 teaspoon of the honey,
the lemon juice, salt, and pepper, and process until smooth. Pour into a small
saucepan and cook over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through.
Light a fire in a charcoal grill or preheat a gas grill to medium-high.
Combine the remaining honey, curry paste, and olive oil in a small bowl. Brush
the mixture over both sides of the lamb cutlets. Season with salt and pepper
to taste. Grill the lamb for 3 minutes on each side for rare and 5 minutes on
each side for medium.
To serve, arrange 3 cutlets on each serving plate and spoon the sauce
over. Garnish with tarragon sprigs. Serves 4