Lemon steamed pudding - By Fionnuala Murphy, Irish Post
Ingredients: • 450 grams of butter
• 225 grams of sugar
• 225 millilitres of golden syrup
• 350 grams of flour
• 8 eggs
• 2 teaspoons of baking powder
• 5 teaspoons of grated lemon rind
• Vanilla ice cream
• Fresh strawberries
1. Cream the butter and sugar together. Add the syrup and then the flour and the lemon rind.
2. Add the eggs one at a time
3. When everything is well mixed together, fill to three quarters three bowls, three inches deep and one inch wide.
4. Cover with tin foil and steam for 50 minutes or until when you push a knife in it comes out clean.
5. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and some fresh strawberries.