Ingredients: • 2 tablespoons butter
• 1 leek
• 8 ounces assorted mushrooms
• 1/2 cup dry white wine
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
• 1 loaf French bread cut into 1-inch cubes
• 1/2 pound cooked ham, diced
• 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) Cheddar cheese, grated
• 1 cup (4 ounces) Swiss cheese, grated
• 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
• 5 large eggs
• 2 cups half-and-half
• 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• 2 tablespoons minced parsley
Lightly butter a 2-quart casserole dish.
In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the leeks and cook for 3 minutes, or until tender. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the mushrooms have released their liquid. Stir in the wine and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the liquid has nearly evaporated. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.
Spread half of the bread in the bottom of the prepared dish. Evenly distribute half the ham and half of each of the cheeses over the bread. Spread the leeks and mushrooms over the top. Repeat layering with remaining bread, ham, and cheeses.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, mustard, and parsley. Pour over the bread mixture, cover with plastic wrap, and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Remove the plastic wrap from the pudding and bake for 40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the pudding is set. Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serves 6