Ingredients: • One 8-ounce package cream cheese, at room temperature
• One 4-ounce can shrimp, rinsed and drained
• 1/4 cup mayonnaise
• 2 tablespoons Irish Mist liqueur
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
• Salt and freshly ground pepper One 1-pound package cocktail rye bread
• 20 to 25 small shrimp, cooked and peeled
This cream cheese spread is perfect party fare. You can make it ahead of
time and spread it on the bread just before serving. The Irish Mist liqueur
adds a touch of sweetness. The recipe can easily be doubled.
Preheat the broiler.
In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, shrimp, mayonnaise, Irish Mist,
lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Stir until smooth.
Arrange the slices of bread on a baking sheet and toast under the broiler,
4 inches from the heat source, for 2 minutes on each side, or until lightly
toasted. Spread one side of each slice with the shrimp mixture, and return to
the broiler for 1 minute, or until the mixture bubbles and browns. Remove from
the broiler and put 1 whole fresh shrimp on top of each. Serve immediately.