SERVES 4 HUNGRY FARMERS
1/2 cup/125 g mayonnaise
1/2 cup/125 g sour cream
1 tablespoon sauce from tin of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (or 1
tbsp chili powder)
1 tablespoon ground cumin
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 pound/450 g hot-smoked salmon (or any smoked fish
. Burren Smokehouse
Salmon is available in USA here)
Salt and pepper
8 flour tortillas, warmed
1 cup/250g of shredded white cabbage
2 cups/500g of tender leaf curly kale, finely chopped
1 small green chili pepper, finely chopped
A big handful of chopped fresh cilantro
1 garlic clove
Juice of one lime
2 limes, cut into wedges + cilantro for garnish
1. For the crema: mix mayonnaise and sour cream together in a large
mixing bowl and add the chipotle, cumin, lemon juice, and season with
salt and pepper to taste.
2. For the verde: Blitz cabbage, kale, green pepper, cilantro, garlic,
lime juice, salt in food processor until smoothish.
3. Flake the hot-smoked salmon into each tortilla.
4. Top with crema and verde.
5. Serve with lime wedges and cilantro. (You can also flake the salmon
into the crema, mix then fill tortilla and top with verde)