Look for this recipe in my newest cookbook, Favorite Flavors of Ireland,
due for release October 8. For additional lemon flavor, try adding a spoonful of
lemon curd to the muffins before baking.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
11/2 cups buttermilk
4 tbsp. butter
4 oz. white chocolate
1 tsp. lemon zest
1 1/2 cups blueberries
12 tsp. prepared lemon curd (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a standard muffin pan and dust with flour;
tap out excess.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and
sugar. Set aside.
3. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter and white chocolate. Microwave
on MEDIUM-HIGH for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10-15 second
intervals, stirring just until melted. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and buttermilk. Stir in the flour
mixture and then stir in the melted chocolate, lemon zest, and blueberries.
5. Divide the batter into the prepared pan and place a tsp. of the lemon curd on
top of each one (if using). Bake for 23-25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted
into the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool on a wire
rack for 10-15 minutes.