Ingredients: • 8 portabello mushrooms
• 6 ounces Dubliner cheese, grated
• 2 large tomatoes, skinned, cored and finely chopped
• 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 2 eggs, separated
• 4 tablespoons Kerrygold Irish butter, melted
Serves 8 as a first course, Serves 4 as a side dish.
Preheat oven to 400° F. Wipe the mushrooms with a damp paper towel,
remove the stems, and chop finely. Place the mushrooms, cup side up, on a
In a bowl, combine the stems, cheese, tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper,
and egg yolks. With an electric mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks
form. Fold into the cheese mixture, then spoon onto the mushrooms. Bake for
20 to 25 minutes, until the cheese is browned.