|1. Name the five counties in the South which border the
Six Counties in the North.
2. How are the following known in English: (a) Luimneach; (b) Léim an
Mhadaidh; (c) Baile Iúiliáin?
3. Finish the words of this verse from an Ulster song: “And when
Sergeant Death in his cold arms embrace me, Then lull me to sleep with
sweet Erin go Bragh By the side of my Kathleen, my young wife oh place
me Then forget Phelim Brady... ”
4. The ermine is the Arctic form of which Irish mammal?
5. Which English writer wrote The MacDermots of Ballycloran.
6. What occurred between Monday, April 24 and Saturday, April 29
sometime in the second decade of the last century?
7. What was divided by the ancient Celts into Samhain and Beltaine?
8. Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu, the Dublin writer, was from what
9. What is a slob in Ireland, apart from a slovenly type of person?
10. The Society of the United Irishmen was founded by who?
Click here for answers