1. Who said: “You don’t have to be born in Ireland to be Irish — being
Irish is a state of mind.” Was it: John F Kennedy, Dusty Springfield,
Helen Shapiro, the Duke of Wellington or Michael Flatley?
2. The Irish Minister for Agriculture shares her name with an Irish
blues singer. Who is she?
3. What is the name of the war drum used by loyalist bands in the North?
4. What county translates as “Plain of Yews”?
5. In which city would you see people “doing Pana”?
6. Name the three counties of Ireland with only four letters.
7. Dublin-born writer Iris Murdoch won the Booker Prize in 1987. Why was
it twice the book of fellow countryman John Banville’s winner this year?
8. The Aran Islands have been the inspiration for a play and a film.
What are they?
9. Fivemiletown in Co Tyrone is actually six miles from the nearest
town. Why would this be?
10. How was Rosie McCann better known according to song?
Click here for answers