1. Which head of a famous literary family lived in Rathfriland near the
Mountains of Mourne?
2. In Irish, the word ‘Sassenach’ or ‘Sasanach’ can mean which two
3. What is the official name of the university usually called UCD?
4. What were Vere Foster copy books?
5. What famous Irish firm was founded by George and William Penrose?
6. Which Irish goddess
was the equivalent to the Roman Minerva or Greek Athena?
7. Which county is Puck Fair held in?
8. Which organisation does a Pioneer, a teetotaler, belong to?
9. What is a ‘machair’?
10. From which play by Sheridan is the word ‘malapropism’ derived?
Click here for answers