1. Can you name three of the counties which make up the ancient kingdom of Oriel?
2. How are the following known in English: (a) Mainistir na Féile; (b) Cluain
Fearta; (c) Dún Geanainn?
3. In 1975 an Irish horse won the British Grand national for the first time in
17 years — at more than a snail’s pace. What was he called?
4. Who is the father of the Dáil?
5. Who was Ireland’s longest serving Taoiseach?
6. What was the name of the old Gaelic legal system in force in Ireland before
the Norman invasion?
7. How many Children of Lir were there?
8. What is the name given to a ring which shows two hands embracing a heart
topped by a crown?
9. A stew of ham or bacon, pork sausages, tripe, potatoes, onions, parsley and
milk — how is it known?
10. Which sport figures in the Táin Bó Cuailgne (Cattle Raid of Cooley)?
Click here for answers