1. Which two countries joined the EU at the same time as Ireland?
2. Who was Ireland’s only representative in the bands which played at Woodstock in 1969?
3. The era in Ireland from approximately 2000 BC to 500 BC is known as what age?
4. How are the following known in English: (a) Mainistir Laoise; (b) Baile na hInse; (c) Cill Dara?
5. In which distance did runner Ronnie Delany win his Olympic gold in 1956?
6. Fola, Banba, Scotia, Ériú are all names for what?
7. Which Dublin playwright was the first, of only two people ever to win an Oscar and a Nobel prize.
8. Count John McCormack. Count of where?
9. Which sport do Boston Celtic play?
10. What was the name of the internment camp in north Wales where Irishmen were interned in 1916?
Click here for answers