1. Which Ulster town is the cathedral town of the diocese of Raphoe?
2. In which lough is Hare Island?
3. Where would you find the Boggeragh Mountains?
4. How are the following known in English: (a) Baile Atha an Ri; (b)
Eochair; (c) Baile Brigin?
5. In Ireland what is the name given to the era which lasted from
c2000BC to 500BC?
6. Who were the Anchorites in Irish society?
7. The Pro-Cathedral in Dublin is dedicated to which saint?
8. Which political agitator was born in Straide, Co. Mayo before his
family was evicted and emigrated to Lancashire?
9. What is the name of the collection of 15 short stories written by
James Joyce - a name which was subsequently used by a folk group?
10. Who wrote the novel Tarry Flynn?
Click here for answers