1. This Argentine writer translated an Oscar Wilde play when aged only
nine and in 1961 received the Formentor Prize which he shared with
Samuel Beckett. Who was he?
2. Which Irish leader was known as King of the Beggars?
3. Which lough does the River Lee flow into just before Cork Harbour?
4. What is the name of the area in which Dublin Airport is situated?
5. A Soul For Sale was the name of the first major poetry collection of
which Irish writer?
6. (a) What is the other name for The University of Dublin? (b) How many
universities are there in the Republic?
7. What is the county town of Fermanagh?
8. Where was the Lia Fail, the Stone of Destiny, situated?
9. Sir Terence Wogan can use his British title, Sir Bob Geldof can’t.
10. Who recorded the song Give Ireland Back To The Irish?
Click here for answers