1. How long is Ireland’s President elected for?
2. How many electoral constituencies are there in the Republic — 43, 73,
103 or 143?
3. In Irish where is Sasana?
4. How is the Irish name Mag Reachtain usually given in English?
5. Which jailed person said: “The books that are available to me are
trash. I’m going to ask for a dictionary tomorrow.” Was it Oscar Wilde,
Brendan Behan, Bobby Sands or Eamon de Valera?
6. Ireland’s national emblem is the harp but what is the national coat
of arms and what colours are displayed?
7. What position does Nickey Brennan hold in Ireland’s sporting life?
8. Shane Filan, Kian Egan, Mark Feehily, Nicky Byrne and who else?
9. The daughter of Maureen O’Sullivan, the Roscommon-born actress, had
seven children, one of whom is called Maria de Lourdes. How is she
10. Up to a quarter of the entire world population of Branta bernicla
over-winter on Ireland’s coastline. How is the bird better known?
Click here for answers