1. Beenkeragh (Kerry), Caher (Kerry) and Mount Brandon
(Kerry) — what’s the significance of these three?
2. What is the longest river in Ireland after the Shannon?
3. In Old Measurement in Ireland, what did seven yards
4. What are the names of the four living, retired Taoisigh?
5. English rule in Ireland was known as The Lordship of
Ireland during which centuries?
6. Whose epitaph in St. Patrick’s Cathedral in Dublin reads:
“Where fierce indignation can no longer
Rend the heart.
Go, traveller, and imitate if you can
This earnest and dedicated
Champion of liberty.”
7. Fifty years ago a League of Ireland team took part in the
European Cup (now the Champions League) for the first time
losing to Manchester United 6-0. Who were the team?
8. What is the name of actress Maureen O’Sullivan’s actress
9. How is the Donegal singer Eithne ní Bhraonáin better
10. Since Victorian times, what stood in Dublin in the place
where the Millennium Spire was subsequently built?