Ingredients: • 1 shallot, minced
• 1 leek, white part only, thoroughly washed and sliced
• 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
• 3 tablespoons dry white wine
• 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter
• 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
• Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the shallots and leeks with the vinegar and wine and boil until liquid is reduced to 2 tablespoons, about 10 minutes. Reduce heat, and whisk in butter, one tablespoon at a time, until sauce is well blended. Add tarragon, salt, and pepper. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.