|1. On which Holy Day was James Joyce born?
2. How are the following names usually anglicised (a) Mac an Bháird
(son of the bard); (b) de Priondrágas; (c) Ó Cionnaoith?
3. What is the name of the former family seat in Sligo of the
Gore-Booths (including the Sinn Féin MP Countess Markievicz)?
4. In which English seaside resort did Sean O’Casey die?
5. Who wrote Man And Superman?
6. In which year was Dáil Éireann founded — 1918, 1919, 1920 or 1922?
7. (a) Where was Dermot Mac Murrough king of (12th century)? (b)
Where was Terence MacSwiney lord mayor (20th century)? (c) Where was St.
Malachy archbishop of (12th century)?
8. Martello towers were built to withstand an invasion from whom?
9. Christy Moore, Donal Lunny, Liam O’Flynn — who was the fourth
member of the original Planxty?
10. (a) What is the international soccer ground in Belfast called?
(b) What is the main GAA ground in Belfast called?
Click here for answers