|1. Which traditional design incorporates two hands
embracing a heart?
2. What is a ciotóg? (Hint: about 10 per cent of Ireland’s population
3. Which city was founded by St. Colmcille?
4. William Drennan was the first to give Ireland which title?
5. Critic Vivian Mercier described it as: “A play in which nothing
happens. Twice.” Which play?
6. The Lia Fáil is what?
7. They were members of a secret society who dressed as women and
committed acts of terrorism during the 1840s to prevent landlords from
making evictions. What were they called?
8. A red cross appeared on the union flag (union jack) from 1801,
originally found on the TCD coat of arms in the early 1600s. How is it
9. In which Irish university did the English poet Gerald Manley
Hopkins teach Greek?
10. Who called a pint of plain “your only man”?
Click here for answers