Ballyhooly

West of Fermoy in the Mallow direction is Ballyhooley, once a landlord village of Lord Listowel. Nearby lies Ballyhooley Castle. The large mansion at the end of the village was built by Countess Listowel in 1871 to `balance' the street after the RomanCatholic Church had been erected in 1870 at the other side of the street. There are fine stud farms in this area.

 


 
 
 
 © IrishAbroad.com 2009