Clonaslee

Clonaslee is a largely ninteenth-century village. Nearby the village are the ruins of Brittas House, an 1869 gothic mansion set in the remains of grounds still containing exceptional specimens of trees, shrubs and plants. About 3km south are the ruins of Castlecuffe, Sir Charles Coote's early seventeenth-century fortified dwelling. The Church of Ireland church (1814), which dominates the village has been purchased by the community and is being renovated as a visitors centre.

 


 
 
 
 © IrishAbroad.com 2009