Rathdowney

Rathdowney takes its name from the rath or ring fort which until 1840 was at the end of the town square near the Church of Ireland church. It was a thirteenth-century Norman manor. It developed as a town in the early nineteenth-century with brewing as the main industry until 1966. In 1966, Perry's Brewery was converted into a successful meat processing plant.

 Activities in Rathdowney

Department Stores
The Late And Early Shop Tackle Dealer

Golf Courses
Rathdowney Golf Club

 


 
 
 
 © IrishAbroad.com 2009