Greenore

This late 19th century village at the mouth of Carlingford Lough was a development of 1873 when the railway connecting Newry and Dundalk to the deep water port of Greenore was first opened. The port itself was opened in 1867 to provide a passenger and freight link with the west coast of Britain. While port and railways were closed down in 1951, the former survived, shipping cattle and other freight to Britain and continental Europe. There are fine views of Carlingford Lough, Slieve Foy and the Mourne Mountains, access to a gravely seashore where fish can be caught by rod and line and by no means least the popular Greenore Golf Club.

 Activities in Greenore

Golf Courses
Greenore Golf Club

 


 
 
 
 © IrishAbroad.com 2009