Drumbo

A farming village amid the fields and winding lanes that lie between the Lagan and the southern part of Lisburn Borough. Drumbo is known for its ancient round tower, the only one left in Down. Indeed there were formerly three such towers here, but now only the stump of one remains. It stands behind the Presbyterian Church, a building that dates from 1882.

 


 
 
 
 © IrishAbroad.com 2009