Dunfanaghy

The town was laid out in the early 19th century and the integrity of much of the original architecture has been retained. Many of the houses have an entry to allow horses and perhaps cattle into the yard and outbuildings at the back. The Market House, built in 1845, also served as a courthouse and was constructed on reclaimed land on the harbour front. The Stewart family of Ards were important in the development of the town. Other buildings of note include the three attractive late 19th century churches, the Gallery which was built as a fever hospital and the hotels which have catered for the needs of the many visitors to the area. The magnificent Cliffs of Horn Head, home to thousands of birds, jut into the North Atlantic close to Dunfanaghy.

 Activities in Dunfanaghy

Equestrian Centres
Dunfanaghy Riding Stables Limited

Game Fishing
Dunfanaghy Anglers Association Waters

Golf Courses
Dunfanaghy Golf Club

 


 
 
 
 © IrishAbroad.com 2009